storage & transport conditions for material made of plastic
As high temperatures are becoming more and more frequents in Europe, we find important to share with you some information about the best practice from the industry when it comes to storage and transport of plastic materials. We strongly advice you to pay attention to those storage & transport conditions as they may alterate products and impact their technical properties. In case of any question, please feel free to contact us: email@example.com
- Products must not be stored or transported in an environment in which the temperature exceeds 40°C.
- The products must not be exposed to direct sunlight or a source of heat
- Please note that at higher temperatures the stiffness will go down and that as of 25-30°C it goes down rapidly. The suitability of use will depend on the load that is applied on the bottles at those temperatures.
- Storage: recommended maximum temperatures of 50-60°C.
Glue in glued products
- Storage: follow the recommendations on the label. Store frost-free; Store the product at a temperature between 5 ° C and 30 ° C in a dry, well-ventilated area, away from heat sources and direct sunlight. Always keep the product in containers of the same material as the original packing material.
Induction het seal
Two piece induction heat seal
- The material must be protected from direct sunlight and high atmospheric humidity during storage.
- It is also recommended to store the material at room temperature (15°C – 25°C). If stored at lower temperatures the material should be acclimatized before processing for about 24h until it reaches room temperature (15°C – 25°C).
- Further unfavourable storage conditions are large fluctuations in ambient temperature and high atmospheric humidity. These conditions may lead to moisture condensing inside the packaging, bowing of the seals and separation of the facing from the backing material.
- Shelf life: 6 months before wadding and 6 months after wadding
Pressure sensitive seal
- Good condition of warehousing for the seals (temp 15-25 °C)
- Maximum guarantee of the supplier is 6 months to process the Pressure Sensitive seals
- The neck of the container must be even to give a good adherence
- A equal distribution of pressure during the winding of the top gives the best possible adherence on the neck of the container
- Adherence is effective after 24 hours
- Adherence is less when packed products are a powder of something similar
- From experience of our suppliers the critical temperature for this type of seals will be around 35-40 degrees on short-term.
PP and HDPE caps
- Do not store at temperatures above 40 ºC
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight